“Vague memories, nothing but memories” is a technology blog by Mícheál Ó Foghlú. Perhaps it’s more of a history of my interest in blogging technology, over the past two decades (1999–2020), rather than a deep mine of useful content. Like many people I have switched my micro-blogging style activities to social media in the past decade.
The title is taken from the Irish poet and playwright, W.B. Yates, from the poem Broken Dreams.
Subscribe in a reader
- Current Blog (started 2014-02-03)
- Origianlly used Node.js and Ghost
- Switched to Go and Hugo 2020-03-01, returning to statically generated site
- Switched also to Firebase Hosting, great for static content, and has free SSL encryption enabled.
- Previous Blog (started 2012-06-07)
- Used Ruby and Octopress, first statically generated site from markdown
- Original Blog (started 2002-02-06)
- Originally used Perl and Greymatter
- Switched to Perl and MovableType
- Engineering Director, Core Developer, Google Munich (started March 2017)
- CTO Red Hat Mobile RedHat.com (Oct 2014 to Feb 2017)
- CTO FeedHenry Ltd. FeedHenry.com (2010 to Sep 2014).
- Executive Director Research, Telecommunications Software & Systems Group (TSSG), Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) (2004 to 2010)
- Lecturer in the Department of Computing, Mathematics & Physics in Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT). Note: the department used to be called the “Department of Physical & Quantitative Sciences” or abbreviated to “P&Q”. (1996 to 2014)
- Automated publications list Maintained by TSSG. WIT
- ACM Author Page Maintained by ACM
- Google Scholar Page Maintained by Google Scholar
About.me (includes social media links)
This site is hosted on Firebase Hosting, built using Hugo, with template Paperesque.